Saturday, November 5, 2011

Crayons+Cloths Removal Tip

I worked on the Elizabeth today and sent it to Tennessee, and I am working on another one for Texas! I have been so blessed: thank you!


Elizabeth (Front)
Elizabeth (Back)
Here is a great tip for moms with children who love to leave their crayons down.

Have you ever pulled the clothes out of the dryer to find that a crayon had gotten into the wash and through the dryer, and the clothes are now ruined? As a mother of 6 this has happened to me more than once. I have thrown away so many clothes and was so grateful when I was given this simple tip! Tonight I pass on this Wisdom of the Mothers to the rest of you.

1) Set your washer to a low water setting

2) Fill washer with hot water, but make sure it is safe for the clothes you are washing. (The hotter the water, the better)

3) Add 1 cup of baking soda and wash.

The crayon should come out of the clothes. It works for me!!!

If you have a better way, or different way, to get crayon out of dried clothes, please let us know by leaving your comment below. Happy washings!

No comments:

Post a Comment